Marine Grade Stainless Steel Antenna Bracket
- All components made of 316 Stainless Steel
- Highly resistant to corrosion
- Ideal for installation near the ocean with exposure to saltwater spray
- Compatible with our panel, grid, or omni antennas
- Antennas can be mounted with an up or down-tilt of 0, 5, 10 or 15 degrees.
Standard antenna mounting brackets are made of galvanized steel. Galvanized steel is very affordable and adequate for most environments where it can remain corrosion-free for many years. However, in installations near the ocean where the antenna is exposed to saltwater sea-spray, the galvanized steel will start rusting and corrode within a few years (see photo at the bottom of this page).
For those applications we have developed an antenna mount made of marine grade 316 stainless steel. All of the mounting components – L-bracket, clamps, U-bolts, nuts and washers – are made of 316 stainless steel.
You can mount this stainless steel antenna bracket onto a pole of up to 2″ (5.1 cm) in diameter and with an up or down-tilt in increments of 5 degrees (0, 5, 10 or 15).
Corrosion resistance of different metals varies greatly depending on their composition. Stainless steel itself comes in various grades, the most common being 304 and 316. You can find a ranking for various metals with regard to corrosion-resistance at the site “The very-most corrosion-resistant metals” which states:
“Grade 316 stainless is the one to use in harsh marine environments. Its nickname is “marine grade” for a reason. It contains 18% chromium but has more nickel than 304 and adds 2-3% molybdenum. This makes it more resistant to salt.”
Compared to the standard galvanized steel mounts this bracket offers the following benefits:
- All components are made of corrosion-resistant 316 Stainless Steel
- The L-bracket is made with thicker material resulting in a stronger mount.
- Uses two U-bolts to secure it to the pole for every tilt setting (the standard L-bracket uses only one U-bolt when mounted at an angle)
- Uses M8 U-bolts, much thicker and robust than the standard mount
Stainless steel antenna mount hardware used with our grid, panel and omni-directional antennas